Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year!
At Riverton Elementary, we continue to improve the academic achievement and social skills development of ALL students. We will continue the structures that have assisted our progress over the last six years. These structures include:
- Grade-level/specialist collaboration
- Development of action plans to improve teaching effectiveness and student learning
- Partnership with C-Port Credit Union, Riverton Community Partnership, Learning Works, St. Joseph’s College, Boys and Girls Club, Foster Grandparent Program through Opportunity Alliance
- Professional development in Reader’s/Writer’s Workshop, Everyday Math and Second Step
- Targeted Title One interventions for students who have not met proficiency
- Enrichment activities through Portland Ovations, The Telling Room. Side x Side
- The BEST Parent-Teacher Organization!!!
As we begin this year, please get involved with our Parent Teacher Organization. They have brought many enrichment activities (swimming, gardening, field trips) to our school. The PTO Board outside of our office displays some of the exciting events they have been held for our students, staff and community. They need your support in planning and volunteering at our many school activities (Back to School BBQ, Picture Day, Vision and Hearing Screenings, Book Fair, International Potluck, School Dance, Talent Show, Boxtops Collection, Fundraisers, Staff Appreciation Luncheon and Grade 5 trip to Boston).
As we start another “new” year, let us continue to work together (parents, community members, students and staff) in creating another positive and successful school year.
“YES, WE CAN” !!!!!!!!
Jeanne K. Malia
Proud Principal of Riverton School